At the end of her second decade of practice, Denise Werkley is valued for her detail-oriented approach to problem solving, outstanding project management skill and natural ability to positively influence people, including important deal constituents. Over the course of her career, Denise has negotiated, documented and successfully closed hundreds of millions of dollars of important transactions.
As head of the firm’s Banking and Finance practice, Denise advises national, regional and local financial institutions and investors regarding commercial financing and loan transactions. Her experience ranges from drafting loan documentation with varied collateral, to title review and due diligence, to closings and loan modifications. Denise also assists financial institutions and asset lenders in the negotiation of disputed loans, loan sales, forbearances and collateral issues.
In addition, Denise advises commercial real estate developers and custom home builders on all aspects of real estate including site acquisition, due diligence, title review, borrowing, planned communities, condominiums and homeowners associations. She also acts as outside general counsel to start-ups, closely-held companies, municipalities and school districts, providing general advice, contract review and business planning for all functions.
A Pennsylvania Super Lawyers “Rising Star” over several years, Denise maintains a preeminent “AV” rating from Martindale-Hubbell, recognizing her superior legal ability as judged by her peers. Denise has also been named as a “Top Lawyer” in Business Law and Real Estate by Main Line Today Magazine multiple times, as well as a “Lawyer on the Fast Track” by the Legal Intelligencer.
- Banking & Finance
- Business Planning & Organizations
- Business Transactions
- Real Estate Development
- Real Estate Transactions
- Villanova University School of Law, J.D. (2000)
- Founder and President, Digital Law Forum
- Member, Corporate Law Society
- Reimel Moot Court Competition, quarter-finalist
- The Pennsylvania State University (1996)
- B.S., Psychology
- President, Student Union Board
- Supreme Court of Pennsylvania (2000)
- Supreme Court of New Jersey (2000)
- United States District Court, Eastern District of Pennsylvania (2000)
- Chester County Bar Association
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Women’s Referral Network of Chester County
- President (2006 to 2008)
- President Elect (2005 to 2006)
- Vice President for Community Relations (2003 to 2005)
- YWCA of Greater West Chester
- Vice President (2001 to 2002)
- Chester County Leadership Connection
- Graduate (2003)
Publications and Presentations
- Community Professor, How to Form a Non-Profit, Delaware County Community College, Chester County Alliance Adult Education (2005)
Martindale Hubbell Rating
*CV, BV and AV are registered certification marks of Reed Elsevier Properties Inc., used in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the confidential opinions of members of the Bar and the Judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell Ratings fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards. For more information, see http://www.martindale.com.