Amanda Grant leads the firm’s family law practice. She has helped clients with legal issues relating to domestic and family law, including but not limited to child custody, child support, custody relocation, custody modification, grandparents’ custody rights, and protection from abuse. Amanda aims to guide her clients through difficult times in a compassionate, yet honest manner, to achieve the best possible results. Additionally, Amanda also practices in creditor’s rights litigation and general litigation. Prior to joining the firm, Amanda worked in Florida where she represented institutional lenders, with a focus in residential mortgage foreclosures. Over the course of her eight-year tenure, she recovered millions for her clients.
During law school, Amanda was President of the Family Law Society and spent two years working with the Allegheny County Pro Bono Clinic as a Certified Legal Intern, where she assisted pro se defendants with their custody, paternity, and support disputes. As a third-year law student, Amanda completed a family mediation training program through the Association for Conflict Resolution. She was the President of the law school’s Family Law Society, as well as the recipient of a student award for the Family Law Clinic and the 2009 recipient of the Allegheny County Pro Bono Award.
Amanda is an extremely active volunteer with the Chester County Bar Association Access to Justice to program and is passionate about using her time to benefit the Chester County community. She is the 2023 chair of the Chester County Bar Association’s Young Lawyer Division and a member of CCBA’s Family Law Section. She also serves on the Board of the Chester County Bar Foundation (CCBF), the charitable affiliate of the Chester County Bar Association. In 2021, she was the recipient of the 2021 John McKenna Access to Justice Award and the Pennsylvania Bar Association’s 2021 PBA Pro Bono Award. Additionally, Amanda has been named to the Best Lawyers in America: Ones to Watch™ list and has received the Daily Local News Top Lawyers Reader’s Choice Award.
A cum laude graduate of Florida Gulf Coast University (2008), Amanda earned her law degree from University of Pittsburgh School of Law (J.D. 2011).
- University of Pittsburgh School of Law (2011)
- Family Law Society, President
- 2009 Allegheny County Pro Bono Award
- Student Award Recipient, Family Law Clinic
- Florida Gulf Coast University (2008)
- B.S., Cum Laude
- Dean’s List, Honors Program Graduate
- Supreme Court of Pennsylvania (2018)
- Supreme Court of Florida (2011)
- United States Supreme Court (2019)
- United States District Court, Eastern District of Pennsylvania (2019)
- United States District Court, Middle District of Pennsylvania (2019)
- United States District Court, Western District of Pennsylvania (2019)
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Chester County Bar Association
- Young Lawyers Division, Secretary/Treasurer (2021)
- Florida Bar Association
- CREW Philadelphia