Brian D. Boreman is a shareholder and Co-Chair of the firm’s Litigation Department. He concentrates his practice in the areas of labor and employment law, which includes counseling employers on: trade secret protection, wage and hour compliance, pre-employment screening, employee drug testing, implementation of employment and social media policies, and leave under the FMLA. He also has significant experience in litigating a variety of commercial and employment-related disputes on behalf of his clients that often involve: discrimination and wrongful discharge claims; restrictive covenants and employment contracts; wage and hour disputes; protection against the dissemination of company trade secrets; and shareholder disputes.
Mr. Boreman is also often called upon by parties to mediate or arbitrate disputes. He is a founding member of Commercial Dispute Solutions, a Pennsylvania non-profit corporation formed with the encouragement of the Chester County Bench as a means to provide mediation and arbitration services for various types of commercial disputes.
Mr. Boreman was repeatedly named as a Pennsylvania Rising Star before being named a Pennsylvania Super Lawyer every year since 2014 in Philadelphia Magazine. He has received the preeminent “AV” rating from Martindale-Hubbell, recognizing superior legal ability as judged by his peers, and has been consistently named as a “Top Lawyer” for Labor Law by Main Line Today Magazine.
- Widener University School of Law, J.D. (1999)
- Editor, Law Review
- The Pennsylvania State University (1994)
- B.A., Political Science, magna cum laude
- University Scholars Program, Schreyer Honors College
- Supreme Court of Pennsylvania (1999)
- Supreme Court of New Jersey (1999)
- United States District Court, Eastern District of Pennsylvania (1999)
- United States District Court, District of New Jersey (1999)
- Chester County Bar Association
- Founding Chair, Employment Law Section (2009 to 2015)
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Philadelphia Bar Association
- Commercial Dispute Solutions, Founding Member
Presentations and Publications
- Practical Solutions of Complying with the FLSA, Chester County Chamber of Business & Industry (2016)
- Employment Minefields, Chester County Women in Business (2016)
- Understanding the Fair Labor Standards Act, PSATS, Hershey (2016)
- An Overview of the Fair Labor Standard Act, Merion Cricket Club (2014)
- Hot Topics in Employment Law, Chester County Bench Bar Conference, Nemacolin Resort (2013)
- Employment Law, Chester County Bench Bar Conference, West Chester (2011)
- Three Things You Need to Know About Employment Law in this Economic Environment, Chester County Bench Bar Conference, Bedford Springs Resort (2010)
- The Possibility and Effect of Discrimination Under Title VII, 8 J. Indiv. Employment Rights 155 (1999 to 2000)
Martindale Hubbell Rating
- AV Rated*
*CV, BV and AV are registered certification marks of Reed Elsevier Properties Inc., used in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the confidential opinions of members of the Bar and the Judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell Ratings fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards. For more information, see http://www.martindale.com.