Brian D. Boreman is a shareholder and the Chair of the firm’s Litigation Department. He concentrates his practice in the areas of labor and employment law, which includes counseling employers on: trade secret protection, wage and hour compliance, pre-employment screening, employee drug testing, implementation of employment and social media policies, and leave under the FMLA. He also has significant experience in litigating a variety of commercial and employment-related disputes on behalf of his clients that often involve: discrimination and wrongful discharge claims; restrictive covenants and employment contracts; wage and hour disputes; protection against the dissemination of company trade secrets; and shareholder disputes.
Mr. Boreman is also often called upon by parties to mediate or arbitrate disputes. He is a founding member of Commercial Dispute Solutions, a Pennsylvania non-profit corporation formed with the encouragement of the Chester County Bench as a means to provide mediation and arbitration services for various types of commercial disputes.
Mr. Boreman was repeatedly named as a Pennsylvania Rising Star before being named a Pennsylvania Super Lawyer every year since 2014 in Philadelphia Magazine. He has received the preeminent “AV” rating from Martindale-Hubbell, recognizing superior legal ability as judged by his peers, and has been consistently named as a “Top Lawyer” for Labor Law by Main Line Today Magazine.
- Widener University School of Law, J.D. (1999)
- Editor, Law Review
- The Pennsylvania State University (1994)
- B.A., Political Science, magna cum laude
- University Scholars Program, Schreyer Honors College
- Supreme Court of Pennsylvania (1999)
- Supreme Court of New Jersey (1999)
- United States District Court, Eastern District of Pennsylvania (1999)
- United States District Court, District of New Jersey (1999)
- Chester County Bar Association
- Founding Chair, Employment Law Section (2009 to 2015)
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Philadelphia Bar Association
- Commercial Dispute Solutions, Founding Member
Presentations and Publications
- Practical Solutions of Complying with the FLSA, Chester County Chamber of Business & Industry (2016)
- Employment Minefields, Chester County Women in Business (2016)
- Understanding the Fair Labor Standards Act, PSATS, Hershey (2016)
- An Overview of the Fair Labor Standard Act, Merion Cricket Club (2014)
- Hot Topics in Employment Law, Chester County Bench Bar Conference, Nemacolin Resort (2013)
- Employment Law, Chester County Bench Bar Conference, West Chester (2011)
- Three Things You Need to Know About Employment Law in this Economic Environment, Chester County Bench Bar Conference, Bedford Springs Resort (2010)
- The Possibility and Effect of Discrimination Under Title VII, 8 J. Indiv. Employment Rights 155 (1999 to 2000)
Martindale Hubbell Rating
- AV Rated*
*CV, BV and AV are registered certification marks of Reed Elsevier Properties Inc., used in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the confidential opinions of members of the Bar and the Judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell Ratings fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards. For more information, see http://www.martindale.com.
Fifty Percent of UTBF Attorneys Named to Main Line Today’s Top Lawyers 2017
UNRUH TURNER BURKE & FREES is honored to have half the firm’s attorneys named to Main Line Today’s Top Lawyers list for 2017.
Litigation: Our litigation department concentrates on business disputes, construction claims, creditor’s rights, employment and labor disputes, estate and orphans court litigation, mortgage foreclosures, real estate contract and title disputes, and shareholder …READ MORE
For the Heroes Among Us
Shortly after the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks Anthony Hayes emailed his local Fire Department to find out what lawyers could do to help. It became clear that estate planning services were in dire need for first responders.
Since then, Wills for Heroes programs in many states have provided more than 7,000 free estate planning …READ MORE
Douglas L. Kaune Accredited by the Department of Veterans Affairs
Douglas L. Kaune has successfully completed the Veterans’ Affairs accreditation process. He can now represent clients for the preparation, presentation, and prosecution of claims for veterans’ benefits before the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). In addition to veteran’s benefits claims, Mr. Kaune focuses his practice in the areas of estate …READ MORE