One of the major components of our practice is the representation of small to medium size closely-held businesses. Our business planning lawyers provide a wide range of services relating to clients’ day-to-day business operations, counsel clients in the selection and formation of business organizations suited to their particular needs, and represent business organizations and their owners in negotiating, structuring and closing transactions involving the sale and purchase of businesses and business assets.
Our business planning services include the following:
- Advising clients in the selection of the appropriate form of business organization to meet their particular needs.
- Forming business entities and preparing all documents necessary for the creation and governance of business entities.
- Negotiating and preparing documents related to business organizations, such as partnership agreements and shareholder agreements.
- Negotiating and preparing documents between business organizations and key employees, including employment agreements, confidentiality agreements and non-compete agreements.
- Representing sellers and purchasers in connection with business acquisitions (including both stock and asset acquisitions), mergers, combinations and joint ventures.
- Representing businesses and business owners in disputes among or between the business organization and its shareholders, owners or partners.
- Representing businesses and/or owners of businesses in various types of litigation arising out of the organization and operation of a business including minority shareholder suits, actions for the appointment of custodians or liquidators and similar litigation.
- Representing businesses in resolving and litigation commercial disputes of all types, including breach of contract suits and suits seeking injunctive relief to restrain violations of non-compete and confidentiality agreements.