Our commercial litigation, real estate and land use practice groups draw on and combine their extensive experience in litigation and in all facets of municipal, land use and real estate in order to enable Unruh Turner Burke & Frees to offer exceptional representation of clients (whether as plaintiffs or defendants) in most types of real estate, land use and construction related disputes, including the following:
- Real estate title disputes involving easements, rights-of-way, encroachments, boundary disputes and adverse possession;
- Construction defect claims arising out of breaches of construction contracts and breaches of construction warranties, both residential and commercial;
- Construction disputes among contractors, subcontractors and owners, including mechanics lien, breach of contract and breach of warranty claims;
- Landlord- Tenant disputes arising out of commercial and residential leases;
- Disputes arising out of contracts for the sale or purchase of land, commercial buildings or homes;
- Cases arising out of violation of seller disclosure obligations, fraud and concealment in real estate transactions;
- Tax assessment appeals and challenges;
- Land use related litigation, including appeals from adverse land use decisions and permit revocations;
- Condemnation and inverse condemnation actions; and
- Enforcement and foreclosure of mortgages and other liens on real estate.
As in all areas of our practice, our lawyers strive to provide exceptional representation with a view to achieving the client’s goals in an efficient and cost effective manner.