Unruh Turner Burke & Frees’ real estate development practice integrates the resources of our first rate land use and real estate transactional attorneys who, working closely with our clients and other members of the development team, guide our clients through the various phases and potential pitfalls of their residential, commercial or retail development projects.
Our Land Attorneys provide services in all of the following phases:
- Acquisition of the proposed site, and assistance with due diligence including review of title, zoning, subdivision and other land use regulations to determine site suitability, availability of entitlements and potential limitations based on title issues or other site-specific characteristics;
- Quarterbacking the approval process whether it entails zoning amendments, special exceptions conditional use approvals, subdivision and land development approvals or other regulatory approvals;
- Negotiating agreements for securing utility services and, where applicable, agreements for the construction and/or dedication of pump stations, main extensions and other infrastructure to extend utilities to the site.
- Drafting and negotiating construction contracts for construction of improvements on the site;
- Drafting and negotiating agreements with the Township relating to the installation of public and quasi-public improvements;
- Drafting planned community, homeowner association, condominium, cross-easement and other documents essential to the development of the project and its future governance;
- Negotiating documents for acquisition, development and construction financing;
- Drafting Public Offering Statements and, Agreements of Sale and other sales related documents for residential planned community and condominium projects;
- Negotiating leases for commercial projects;
- Assisting the client with final completion and dedication of public improvements, and turnover of common amenities and control to homeowners and condominium associations; and
- Negotiating documents for permanent financing of commercial projects.
- We work as a team, within our own firm and with the client-developer and its team of engineers, architects and consultants, to help our clients to achieve success at each and every phase of a development project, whether a shopping center, class A office space, flex space, traditional residential subdivisions or suburban mid-rise condominiums.
William J. Burke, III
Theodore F. Claypoole
Ryan M. Jennings
Daniel S. LePera
Andrew D.H. Rau
Amanda J. Sundquist
Donald C. Turner
Ross A. Unruh
Fronefield Crawford, Jr., LLC – Of Counsel